PRT IMPACT STUDY, A PRE-PRT PHASE. VOLUME I. TRAVEL ANALYSIS
Part of a three-volume work, this report describes the analysis performed on travel data collected for the Pre-PRT Impact Study. The data analyzed consist of travel behavior, travel patterns, model utilization and travel costs of various modes of travel in Morgantown before the revenue operation of the PRT in Morgantown. The analysis resulted in estimates of travel by various subpopulations by automobile, university bus and city/county bus systems in Morgantown. Further analysis conducted yielded estimates of traffic flow between various activity centers in Morgantown. Trip generation, trip distribution and modal split were estimated for Morgantown PRT corridor travel before the revenue operation of the PRT.
- See also PB-254482.
West Virginia University, MorgantownMorgantown, WV USA 26506
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- ELIAS, SEG
- Redwine, C N
- DESHPANDE, G K
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Estimates; Impact studies; Modal split; Mode choice; Passengers; Personal rapid transit; Revenues; Ridership; Traffic flow; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel budgets; Travel costs; Travel demand; Travel patterns; Trip distribution; Trip generation; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Morgantown (West Virginia); West Virginia
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00137306
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-MA-06002676/1V1Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-985-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 16 1982 12:00AM