CUMULATIVE DEFLECTION AND RIGID PAVEMENT SERVICEABILITY
This report describes efforts to relate the energy imparted to a rigid pavement system (as measured by cumulative deflections) to the condition of that system. Analysis of raw data from the American Association of State Highway Officials Road Test showed no results that could be used for predictive purposes. Use of averaged data points indicated there exists a threshold cumulative deflection beyond which pavement serviceability changes rapidly.
Clarkson College of Technology,
Air Force Civil Engineering CenterTyndall AFB, FL United States 32403-5319
- Highter, W H
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 62 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport terminals; Deflection; Dynamic loads; Energy transfer; Life expectancy; Pavement performance; Pavements; Performance; Rigid pavements
- Identifier Terms: AASHO Road Test
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic response
- Old TRIS Terms: Pavement serviceability ratings; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Pavements; Society;
- Accession Number: 00137222
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AFCEC-TR-75-20 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: F29601-75-C-0002
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM