COMPUTER ANALYSIS OF STRESS-STRAIN DATA: PROGRAM DESCRIPTION AND USER INSTRUCTIONS
A program description is given for a computer program which fits analytical expressions to experimental stress-strain, tension, or compression data. For stress values up to approximately the 0.2% offset yield strength, the three parameters for the Ramberg-Osgood description are determined; for values in excess of the yield strength the two constants for a simple strain-hardening power law are found. Other quantities which are also derived from the data include several yield strengths, plastic strain components, tangent moduli, and values of Poisson's ratio. Simple statistical calculations are also made to indicate to the user the goodness-of-fit of the analytical expressions to the experimental data. The three Ramberg-Osgood parameters, together with the two strain-hardening parameters and the end point of the data need only be stored for a simple data bank of stress-strain properties, since with these parameters the engineering, stress-strain curve can be reproduced. A sample of the output data is given.
Army Materials and Mechanics Research CenterStructural Mechanics Division
Watertown, MA United States 02172
- Papirno, R P
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Compression; Computer programs; Curve fitting; Data banks; Deformation curve; Flow charts; Information processing; Parametric analysis; Poisson ratio; Strain hardening; Tension; Yield strength
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental data
- Old TRIS Terms: Flow charting; Poissons ratio
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Data and Information Technology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00137122
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AMMRC-TR-76-12 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM