THREE-DIMENSIONAL STATIC FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS OF LINED, RIGHT-ANGLE CROSS, CIRCULAR TUNNEL INTERSECTIONS IN ROCK
The objective of this investigation was to determine the static stress and force distributions associated with lined, right-angle cross, circular tunnel intersections in rock. Stresses in the rock (medium), and radial deflections and circumferential thrusts and bending moments in the linear at the intersection were determined with the finite element method of structural analysis. Briefly, the finite element method considers the structure to be analyzed as an assemblege of elements with user-assigned geometric configurations.
Naval Civil Engineering LaboratoryPoint Mugu
Port Hueneme, CA USA 93041
- Lew, T K
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending moments; Deformation curve; Finite element method; Force; Linings; Reinforced concrete; Rock mechanics; Steel; Stresses; Structural analysis; Tunnel lining; Tunnels; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Three dimensional
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interaction
- Old TRIS Terms: Circular tunnels; Right angle intersection
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00137121
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CEL0TN-1433 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 4 1976 12:00AM