DATA MANAGEMENT METHODS FOR URBAN MASS TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS
The report describes a computer based Data Management and Retrieval System for the Urban Mass Transportation Industry. The System is designed to aid the transportation planner, engineer, and manager in solving recurring problems associated with (1) collection; (2) categorization and synthesis; (3) storage and (4) retrieval of urban mass transportation information. The system is designed to be used by personnel without formal computer training with the everyday vocabulary associated with many classes of rapid transit operation, evaluation, and studies. The features and use of an example system is described for rail rapid transit noise abatement studies. The example system combines (1) physical data describing the system and (2) measured noise levels as an aid in evaluating cost effective acoustic treatments for lowering rail rapid transit noise.
University of Illinois, ChicagoCollege of Engineering
Chicago, IL United States 60680
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Priemer, R
- SILVER, M L
- Publication Date: 1975-9-15
- Pagination: 77 p.
- TRT Terms: Cost effectiveness; Data collection; Data management; Data storage; Information processing; Information retrieval; Information storage and retrieval systems; Management information systems; Noise; Noise control; Public transit; Rapid transit; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit noise; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00137057
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-11-0007-75-1Res. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 1981 12:00AM