MACRO-ANALYSIS OF SHORT-HAUL TRANSPORTATION
The report summarizes the findings of a study in support of the Short-Haul Transportation Analysis for Research and Development (STAR Study) for the Department of Transportation. The purpose of the overall STAR Study was to assist the Office of the Secretary of Transportation/Assistant Secretary for Systems Development and Technology (OST/TST) in evaluating and formulating its research and development policies toward short-haul intercity transportation. The study developed a methodology for evaluating the trade-offs which must be made between and within modes as a means of arriving at an approximation of the best answers and applied the methodology to macro-economic, demographic and transportation data to arrive at preliminary selections of best systems.
Little (Arthur D), IncorporatedAcorn Park
Cambridge, MA United States 02140
Department of Transportation1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1971-10
- Pagination: 211 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Bus transit; Buses; Data collection; Demographics; Development; Economic analysis; High speed rail; Highway transportation; Intercity transportation; Intercity travel; Market surveys; Mode choice; Mode S; Passengers; Railroad transportation; Research; Short haul; Technological forecasting; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development; Transportation management
- Old TRIS Terms: Bus services
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00137052
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76-75 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-10199
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM