DETERMINATION OF STATISTICAL PARAMETERS. PHASE II. CONCRETE PAVEMENT AND STRUCTURES
The report covers the investigations, findings and conclusions of a research project conducted to obtain reliable information required for the preparation of realistic specifications for Portland cement concrete for the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. The research was conducted over a period from October 1973 to April 1975. The work involved (1) the drafting of trial specifications (2) the random sampling and testing of pavement and structure concrete on a statewide basis, and (3) the revision of the trial specifications as required by the findings of the random sampling. Concrete samplings were made on 35 projects distributed over eight counties. Random samplings included 165 of structure concrete and 297 of pavement concrete. To facilitate analysis, the statistical parameters of measurements made on all samples were obtained from the data by means of computer programs specifically developed for the purpose. Field measurements of slump and air content were made on all samples. Tests of compressive and flexural strength were made. Data from all tests were analyzed to determine averages, standard deviation among projects, standard deviation within projects, overall standard deviation, and coefficient of variation.
- See also report dated October, 1972, PB-218-857.
Materials Research and Development12150 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD United States 20852
Washington, DC United States 20590
Harrisburg, PA United States 17112
- Hudson, S B
- Bowery, F J
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Air entrainment; Analysis of variance; Compression tests; Compressive strength; Computer programs; Concrete pavements; Concrete structures; Density; Field tests; Flexural strength; Materials; Portland cement; Quality assurance; Regression analysis; Sampling; Specifications; Standard deviation; Statistics
- Old TRIS Terms: Compressive strength tests; Density mass/volume; Material specifications; Materials specifications
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00137051
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTRESDEVWGAI-757352 Res. Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM