A USER'S GUIDE TO CONSTRAINED BIPROPORTIONAL MATRIX ESTIMATION
This report is one of a series being written for the University Research Program, U.S. Department of Transportation, to present analyses of the results obtained using the multiregional input-output (MRIO) model for the United States. The present report contains a guide to a number of computer programs that are used to adjust the set of multiregional input-output trade flows to be consistent with control totals from the regional input-output tables. It is based upon research completed by Malte Mohr and reported in his Ph.D. thesis, which is entitled "A Consistency Problem of Multiregional Input-Output (MRIO), and Existence Conditions of Constrained Biproportional Matrices."
Massachusetts Institute of TechnologyDepartment of Urban Studies and Planning, 77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA USA 02139
Department of TransportationOffice of University Research, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- MOHR, M
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Calculation; Commodities; Computer programming; Computer programs; Economic models; Estimates; Estimating; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Matrices (Mathematics); Origin and destination; Programming manuals; Statistics; Trade; Traffic forecasting
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computation
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00137034
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT/TST-76/62 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-30104
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 23 1976 12:00AM