INVESTIGATION AND ANALYSIS OF THE FRACTURED GIRDER IN BRIDGE NO. 9800, T.H. NO. 56 OVER MISSISSIPPI RIVER IN ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA
A detailed study of the fractured girder in Bridge 9800 (LaFayette Bridge) over the Mississippi River was made using material from the cracked girder. The results of the study indicate the fracture of a main girder of the LaFayette Street Bridge was due to the formation of a fatigue crack in the lateral bracing gusset to transverse stiffener weld.
Minnesota Department of HighwaysOffice of Bridges and Structures
St Paul, MN United States 55155
- Fisher, J W
- Pense, A W
- Roberts, R
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 58 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Bracing; Failure; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fracture mechanics; Girder bridges; Girders; Highway bridges; Physical properties; Structural engineering; Transverse stiffeners
- Uncontrolled Terms: Fracture
- Geographic Terms: Minnesota; Mississippi River
- Old TRIS Terms: Analyzing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00136992
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MN-HW-5-380-75-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Aug 11 1976 12:00AM