REPORT ON THE RAILROAD TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM (9TH), 1975, BY THE SECRETARY OF TRANSPORTATION TO THE PRESIDENT, THE SENATE, AND THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
The document contains the report on the Federal Railroad Administration's activities carried out under the High Speed Ground Transportation (HSGT) Act of 1965 as amended and extended, for the Secretary of Transportation to report annually to the President and the Congress on activities performed under the Act. This report covers the HSGT-funded research, development and demonstrations programs administered by the Office of Research and Development (OR&D) and the Transportation Test Center (TTC) of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) in accordance with Section 10(a) of the Act and also encompasses related work performed under appropriations for advancing railroad technology and safety including the activities of the Transportation Test Center. The report covers program activities for the period October 1, 1974, to September 30, 1975. The report is designed to serve as a source of information for those having an interest in FRA's research, development and demonstration activities. A limited number of copies are made available to Committees of Congress, other Department of Transportation (DOT) organizations, academicians, prospective contractors, industry organizations and others who have an interest in FRA's R&D results.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power; Electrical systems; Foreign; Freight transportation; Hazardous materials; Noise control; Passenger transportation; Propulsion; Railroad cars; Railroad terminals; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Rapid transit; Research; Safety; Suspension systems; Tank cars; Tracked vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Law; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136980
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76/245
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 11 2002 12:00AM