RECOMMENDATIONS FOR QUALIFICATIONS OF LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS CARGO PERSONNEL. VOLUME III. APPENDIX D. FUNCTIONAL JOB ANALYSIS OF TASKS FOR CARGO OPERATIONS OF AN UNMANNED LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS BARGE
The report presents recommendations, based on task analysis, concerning training and other qualification requirements appropriate for personnel of liquefied natural gas (LNG) ships and barges. Training content and type (classroom, shoreside practical/simulation, onboard) are recommended for all personnel and those directly involved in cargo handling operations. Initial qualification, renewal, time frame for renewal, and procedures for regaining lapsed qualifications are addressed. The study was a pilot effort to demonstrate a method of determining qualifications for new technology ship occupations when there are few or no operating examples to study. An established method of task analysis, Functional Job Analysis, was adapted for this application.
- Prepared in cooperation with Engineering Computer Optecnomics, Inc., Arnold, Md. See also Volume 1, AD-A026 108.
Center for Naval Analyses1401 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA United States 22209
- Porricelli, J D
- Keith, V E
- Paramore, B
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 157 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Cargo handling; Education; Feedback control; Job analysis; Liquefied natural gas; Operations research; Personnel development; Personnel performance; Qualifications; Shipboard personnel; Specifications; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Feedback; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Job training; Performance human
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Research; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORI-997-Vol-3, USCG-D-53-76-Vol-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-41903-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 2003 12:00AM