RECOMMENDATIONS FOR QUALIFICATIONS OF LIQUEFIED NATURAL GAS CARGO PERSONNEL. VOLUME I
The report presents recommendations, based on task analysis, concerning training and other qualification requirements appropriate for personnel of liquefied natural gas (LNG) ships and barges. Training content and type (classroom, shoreside practical/simulation, onboard) are recommended for all personnel and those directly involved in cargo handling operations. Initial qualification, renewal, time frame for renewal, and procedures for regaining lapsed qualifications are addressed. The study was a pilot effort to demonstrate a method of determining qualifications for new technology ship occupations when there are few or no operating examples to study. An established method of task analysis, Functional Job Analysis, was adapted for this application.
- Prepared in cooperation with Engineering Computer Optecnomics, Inc., Arnold, Md. See also Volume 2, AD-A026 109.
Operations Research IncorporatedSilver Spring, MD United States
- Porricelli, J D
- Keith, V E
- Paramore, B
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Cargo handling; Education; Feedback control; Job analysis; Liquefied natural gas; Operations research; Personnel development; Personnel performance; Qualifications; Shipboard personnel; Specifications; Training
- Uncontrolled Terms: Feedback; Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Job training; Performance human
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Education and Training; Freight Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00136959
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ORI-997-Vol-1, USCG-D-53-76-Vol-1
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-41903-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Aug 11 2002 12:00AM