CITY OF CLEVELAND NEIGHBORHOOD ELDERLY TRANSPORTATION PROJECT - DIAL-A-BUS
The Neighborhood Elderly Transportation Project establishes door-to-door local transportation service with vehicles specifically adapted to the needs of older people. Seventeen thousand five hundred (17,500) persons 60 years of age and older reside within the three service areas of Cleveland's Buckeye, Model Cities, and Tremont areas, which total about ten square miles. Revenue service began in mid-March 1975 and by the end of December, 1975, over 100,000 Dial-A-Bus passengers had been carried. This report documents the implementation efforts and actual operational experience during the first 9 and one-half months of revenue service. As a by-product, the project aims to increase the utilization of existing social and health services and to encourage the creation of more of these for use by the elderly because suitable transportation services are available. A related report is 'City of Cleveland Neighborhood Elderly Transportation (N.E.T.) Project--Quarterly Report.' (PB-248 903).
- See also PB-248903.
City of ClevelandNeighborhood Elderly Transportation Project
Cleveland, OH United States
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
DAVE Systems, Incorporated625 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94107
- LAKE, G
- Publication Date: 1976-1
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Buses; Demand responsive transportation; Documents; Door to door service; Level of service; Neighborhoods; Paratransit services; Programming (Planning); Revenues; Social factors; Sociology; Standard of living; Transportation operations; Travel demand; Urban areas; Urban transportation; Vehicles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Documentation; Services; Social welfare; Transportation management
- Geographic Terms: Ohio
- Old TRIS Terms: Dial-a-bus; Special service
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Economics; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136922
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrm Rpt., UMTA-OH-06-0018-76-1
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1981 12:00AM