A COMPENDIUM OF PROVISIONS FOR A MODEL ORDINANCE FOR THE REGULATION OF PUBLIC PARA-TRANSIT
This report comprises a complete set of provisions for the regulation of various types of public para-transit transportation. Its preparation consisted for five stages: Collection and analysis of the statutes of every state, the ordinances of some 600 municipalities and several multi-state compacts; the compilation, comparison, and the organization and drafting of the sections; considerations of varying attitudes concerning several philosophies of regulation as revealed by the existing regulations; research into the needs which would appear from the implementation of new forms of public para-transit transportation; and the assembly of the COMPENDIUM. On the pages opposite the text are cross-references, comments by the authors, some legal warnings, and generalizations intended to assist the user in the selection process. The sections of the COMPENDIUM are: Definitions; ambiguities; the licensing authority; operating licenses; vehicle licenses; chauffeur's and attendant's licenses; fees and penalties; financial responsibility; inspection of vehicles; books and records; reports; service of notice, etc.; hearings; affiliates; taxicabs; liveries and limousines; non-transit buses; jitneys; ambulances and cabulances; criminal offenses; police powers not infringed; amendments; and, partial invalidity.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Samuels, R E
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 235 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Amendments; Buses; Cities; Cities and towns; Driver licenses; Emergency vehicles; Fees; Inspection; Jitneys; Laws; Licenses; Motor vehicles; Ordinances; Paratransit services; Penalties; Police powers; Public transit; Regulations; States; Taxicabs; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Law; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies;
- Accession Number: 00136915
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-IL-06-0029-76-1
- Contract Numbers: IL-06-0029
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 2003 12:00AM