STUDY TO REFINE METHODS AND PROCEDURES FOR IMPLEMENTING THE METHOD OF EARLY PREDICTION OF POTENTIAL STRENGTH OF PORTLAND CEMENT CONCRETE
The study is based on two designed experiments to further increase the practicality of using early (+ or - 24 hour) tests of concrete test cylinders made at the job-site as a means of quality control of concrete. The scope of the work included concrete of four cement constants, so proportioned as to simulate field conditions where part of the cement was inadvertently omitted. Also the effect of two retarding admixtures on the early strengths of concrete of normal cement concrete was investigated. Specimen cylinders were tested at from one to three days of age without pretreatment, and with the use of both celotex pressure pads and sulphur mortar caps.
- Also pub. as West Virginia Dept. of Highways, Charleston research project no. 47.
Woodward-Clyde ConsultantsMaterials Research and Development Division
Rockville, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
West Virginia Department of Highways1900 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston, WV United States 25305
- Hudson, S B
- Bowery, F J
- Higgins, F T
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Admixtures; Cement; Compressive strength; Concrete construction; Concrete curing; Concrete tests; Construction sites; Experiments; Feasibility analysis; Field tests; Forecasting; Highways; Mathematical prediction; Portland cement; Portland cement concrete; Quality control; Reliability; Retarders (Chemistry); Retarders (Concrete); Simulation; Specifications; Strength of materials; Surface treating
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cylinders
- Geographic Terms: West Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Concrete retarders; Stiffened cylinders
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00136914
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MATRESDEVWCC-767252 Final Rpt., FHWA/WV-76/4
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1977 12:00AM