AUTOMOBILE CONSUMER INFORMATION STUDY CRASH TEST PROGRAM - VOLUME II - TECHNICAL REPORT
The objective of the vehicle crash test program was to develop test methodology for a series of vehicle rating tests and to produce a data base for use in determining crashworthiness and damage susceptibility ratings for contemporary automobiles. The crash test program was conducted over a 15-1/2 month period and was divided into two phases. The Phase I requirements were for ten crash tests of two 1973 intermediate-size automobiles. These tests included rigid barrier, moving barrier, and car-to-car impacts, at speeds ranging from 15 to 30 mph. Phase II involved twelve crash tests of the comparable 1974 intermediate-size automobiles. These tests included only rigid barrier, frontal impacts, and car-to-car front-to-rear impacts at speeds ranging from 8 to 35 mph. Phase II also included static and dynamic vehicle component tests on each vehicle. Summaries of the Phase I and II crash test programs and the predictive analysis are given along with comparisons between the test values and predicted values.
- See also Summary rept. Volume 1, PB-252 426.
Ultrasystems, IncorporatedDynamic Science Division, 1850 West Pinnacle Peak Road
Phoenix, AZ USA 85027
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Carr, R W
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 190 p.
- TRT Terms: Appraisals; Automobiles; Barriers (Roads); Collisions; Consumer protection; Consumers; Crash injury research; Crashworthiness; Dynamic tests; Head on collisions; Highway safety; Impact tests; Loss and damage; Methodology; Ratings; Rear end collisions; Research; Static tests; Testing; Traffic safety; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Barriers
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136910
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Dyn. Sci.-826875189 Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-876
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00909
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM