GUIDELINES FOR TEAM SCHEDULING AND MANAGEMENT
The purpose of this document is to present an effective method by which the scheduling and coordination of the activities of interdisciplinary teams can be carried out. A number of more traditional techniques of project control have not met the unique requirements of scheduling and managing the activities of an interdisciplinary team since the basic logic of task ordering is time sequentiality. Quite a number of the activities of an interdisciplinary team can be carried on simultaneously or at any given time within the projects' period. The system developed within this document uses the principle of 'nested' descriptions of program activities and then proceeds to develop operational procedures. The role of the individual team members as well as the overall project development is described.
- Record URL:
- Prepared by Community Development Services, Inc., Seattle, Wash.
Community Development Services, IncorporatedSeattle, WA United States
Washington State Department of HighwaysHighway Administration Building
Olympia, WA United States 98501
- Jacobson, R
- Parker, R
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Critical path method; Design; Group dynamics; Guidelines; Highway planning; Industrial engineering; Interdisciplinary studies; Interest groups; Management; Mathematical analysis; Operations; Organization; PERT; Programming (Planning); Project management; Scheduling; Sequencing; Teams
- Uncontrolled Terms: Programs; Projects
- Old TRIS Terms: Interdisciplinary; Organization theory
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Design; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00136884
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RPR-25.5 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Jul 22 1976 12:00AM