GENERAL SYSTEMS SPECIFICATION FOR A PROTOTYPE ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE SYSTEM
This General Systems Specification was prepared as a guide for those companies contemplating the use of inter-company electronic data interchange procedures in conducting transportation transactions. The document was prepared to support a flexible approach to planning for the implementation of such procedures.
- See also PB-252936 and PB-252938. See also ongoing research, RRIS 17A 099438.
Transportation Data Coordinating CommitteeSuite 309, 1101 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
Department of TransportationAssistant Secretary for Environment, Safety and Consumer Affairs, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- CARLEY, J
- Notto, R
- Bass, E
- Kreithen, A
- Guilbert, E
- Publication Date: 1976-4-30
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Banking industry; Coding systems; Common carriers; Computer programs; Computers; Data communications; Facsimile; Freight transportation; Guidelines; Guides to information; Highway transportation; Industries; Information processing; Information systems; Management; Policy; Railroad transportation; Regulations; Software; Specifications; Traffic managers; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Data links; Shippers; Systems management
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Coding; Computer systems hardware; Computer systems software; Guides
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Law; Policy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00136821
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50017
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM