GENERAL PROGRAMMING SPECIFICATION FOR A PROTOTYPE ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE SYSTEM
The report presents a programming specification for electronic data interchange of transportation information between shippers, carriers, forwarders, and banks which may be used for estimating, design, and development purposes. This specification was prepared in conjunction with working groups composed of participants from the transportation industry.
- See also PB-252 937.
Transportation Data Coordinating CommitteeSuite 309, 1101 17th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
Department of TransportationOffice of Facilitation, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC USA 20590
- CARLEY, J
- Notto, R
- Bass, E
- Kreithen, A
- Guilbert, E
- Publication Date: 1976-4-30
- Pagination: 100 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Banking industry; Coding systems; Common carriers; Computer programming; Computer programs; Data communications; Data processing; Design; Development; Estimating; Facsimile; Freight transportation; Guidelines; Highway transportation; Information organization; Information systems; Railroad transportation; Specifications; Telecommunications; Traffic managers; Transportation; Water transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Information exchange; Shippers
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo transportation; Coding; Forwarding
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Design; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00136820
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-OS-50017
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM