GUIDELINES FOR THE ORGANIZATION OF COMMUTER VAN PROGRAMS
The document describes the major stages in the development of a company sponsored commuter van program including: the investigation of program feasibility, the promotion and organization of the service, and the operation and administration of an ongoing operation. These guidelines are based on the experience of several successful programs and potential sponsors should find them useful for their particular situation. Seven detailed case studies which are representative of the major types of commuter van services are also presented.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-252 303-SET, PC$8.00.
Washington, DC USA 20037
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Miller, G K
- Green, M A
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 97 p.
- TRT Terms: Case studies; Commuting; Financing; Guidelines; Level of service; Licenses; Market surveys; Organizations; Planning; Public transit; Vanpools
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136803
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UI-5050-2-5 Final Rpt., UMTA-DC-06-0120-76-2
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 2003 12:00AM