RAILROAD TRACK TECHNOLOGY IN THE USSR: THE STATE OF THE ART
Report contains limited assessment of the present state of the art of railroad track research, construction and maintenance technology in the U.S.S.R. It synthesizes the observations and opinions of a six-man team of U.S. railroaders which visited the Soviet Union during a 12-day period in the summer of 1974, for the purpose of evaluating Soviet railroad track technology. The major evaluation priority was to isolate aspects of Soviet technology that would be of value to the U.S. scheme and as identified, the steps necessary to introduce the concepts or procedures to the U.S. maintenance of way community.
- Record URL:
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Guins, S G
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 136 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Concrete construction; Concrete ties; Maintenance; Maintenance equipment; Maintenance management; Maintenance of way; Prestressed concrete; Railroad ties; Railroad tracks; Railroads; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Track design
- Geographic Terms: Former Soviet Union
- Old TRIS Terms: Track maintenance equipment
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136799
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA/ORD-76/12 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM