A STUDY OF THE COMMUNICATIONS REQUIREMENTS FOR A 1985-2000 OPERATIONAL AERONAUTICAL SATELLITE SYSTEM. VOLUME III. EXAMINATION OF SELECTED OPERATIONAL ISSUES FOR AEROSAT EVALUATION
This study has been conducted to support an ongoing effort to define the scope of the test planning required to execute the AEROSAT Test and Evaluation (T and E) Program. It consisted of three areas of examination: (1) Selection of viable operational concepts for evaluation, (2) Capabilities and potential uses of a Mini-ASET and (3) Potential use of an AEROSAT during off-peak periods. Seven basic operational concepts and two expanded uses for an AEROSAT system have been developed to describe the alternative communications services, operating modes, and message types and characteristics that should be considered for evaluation during the T and E program. While the findings are preliminary in nature, the study has identified and begun to clarify a number of issues including: fundamental combinations of services, modes and message types that should be included in the program; technical and operational factors associated with the selection of a preferred concept; reasons for considering Mini-ASET and off-peak services concepts, capabilities and applications of a Mini-ASET concept; application and implementation of an off-peak services concept; problem associated with the Mini-ASET and off-peak services concepts, and operational tests to be conducted during the T and E Program.
- See also Volume 1, AD-A011 490.
ARINC Research Corporation2251 Riva Road
Annapolis, MD United States 21401
- Cornett, D E
- Haspert, J K
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 87 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerospace engineering; Avionics; Communications; Communications satellites; Messages (Communications); Microwave communication systems; Planning; Radio relay systems; Speech; Tests; Voice communication
- Uncontrolled Terms: C band
- Old TRIS Terms: Message processing; Microwave communications; Space communications; Test and evaluation
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting;
- Accession Number: 00136787
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 1307-01-1-1401-Vol-3, FAA-RD-75-80-3
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA75WA-3544
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM