PRELIMINARY ANALYSIS OF CIVIL AVIATION ACCIDENTS, JANUARY 1964 - DECEMBER 1972
This document presents a preliminary analysis of all civil aviation accidents which occurred within the United States and its territories and possessions during the nine year period from January 1964 to December 1972. An overview is first presented which identifies the distribution of these accidents by user class, by aircraft type, and by phase of flight. Due to earlier detailed studies of midair collisions and the small number of fatalities that occurred in accidents when the aircraft were on the ground, the category of single aircraft airborne accidents was selected for further examination. Accidents that occurred during landing and accidents involving encounters with wake vortices were given special emphasis.
MITRE CorporationBedford, MA USA
- Simpson, T R
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 141 p.
- TRT Terms: Airborne navigational aids; Aircraft crashes; Aviation safety; Case studies; Civil aircraft; Civil aviation; Crash investigation; Instrument flying; Landing; Vortices; Wakes
- Old TRIS Terms: Aircraft landing
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136770
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MTR-6868, FAA-AVP-75-2
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FA69NS-162
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM