CURRENT RESEARCH ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT OF OCEANOGRAPHY
;Contents: Dynamics and thermodynamics of the upper ocean; Planetary-scale oceanic processes; Meso-scale oceanic processes; Small-scale physical processes; Coastal dynamics, upwelling, and downwelling; Estuarine processes; Sediment transport; Marine stratigraphy; Coastal and shelf sedimentology; Micropaleontology of sediments; Global tectonics; Genesis of the ocean crust; Analytical chemistry of seawater; Chemical indicators of oceanographic processes; Chemical controls and consequences of biological-biochemical processes; Kinetics and thermodynamics of chemical, biochemical, and geochemical processes; Marine geochemical studies; Chemical studies of marine environments; Biome studies and marine ecosystems analysis; Plankton production; Benthic production; Biology of marine organisms; Biogeography and taxonomy; Marine acoustics; Marine resource development; Applications of oceanography.
- Sponsored in part by Office of Naval Research, Arlington, Va., Coast Guard, Washington, D.C., National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Washington, D.C. and Geological Survey, Washington, D.C.
University of Washington, SeattleSeattle, WA USA 98195
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 121 p.
- TRT Terms: Air water interfaces; Bathymetry; Education; Estuaries; Geochemistry; Geological oceanography; Marine biology; Ocean waves; Oceanography; Oceans; Research; Sea ice; Sedimentation; Turbulence; Underwater sound; Universities and colleges; Upwelling
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sediment transport; Underwater acoustics
- Geographic Terms: Washington (State)
- Old TRIS Terms: Air water interactions; Ocean environments; Oceanographic data
- Subject Areas: Education and Training; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Research;
- Accession Number: 00136769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Ref-A76-6
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM