BALTIMORE TRANSPORTATION CENTER. CONCEPT STUDY
The report established the basic justification for preserving the Baltimore Rail Station as the nucleus in an intermodal transportation center. The proposed transportation center will provide an interface for high-speed intercity rail service, intercity and regional motorcoach service, regional commuter rail service, rapid transit service, local bus service, helicopter service, and the automobile. Two concepts of the intermodal facility are illustrated in this report for further consideration: concept one provides a total comprehensive solution to an expanded transportation center; concept two modifies the direction of concept one by providing a less expensive solution for an expanded complex.
- Prepared by Cochran, Stephenson and Donkervoet, Inc., Baltimore, Md. Prepared for Regional Planning Council, Baltimore, Md.
Baltimore Planning CommissionBaltimore, MD USA
REGIONAL PLANNING COUNCILBALTIMORE, MD USA
Cochran, Stephenson and Donkervoet, IncorporatedBaltimore, MD USA
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 162 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Building; Bus transportation; Buses; City planning; Commuter service; Helicopters; High speed ground transportation; Innovation; Intercity bus lines; Intercity transportation; Intercity travel; Intermodal transportation; Passenger terminals; Planning; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Railroad terminals; Railroads; Rapid transit; Regional transportation; Rehabilitation (Maintenance); Transportation planning; Urban development; Urban transportation
- Geographic Terms: Baltimore (Maryland)
- Old TRIS Terms: Future concepts; Rapid transit railways; Renovating
- Subject Areas: Construction; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136695
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BCDP-BTC-75-101 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1982 12:00AM