STRUCTURAL TEST PROCEDURES FOR BICYCLES
Tests for several structural performance criteria have been included in a mandatory regulation on bicycle safety which has been proposed by Consumer Product Safety Commission. The apparatus and procedures developed to conduct these tests and results from 15 representative bicycles are described. Several of the bicycles tested failed to meet the requirements for the seat and handlebar stem friction clamp strength.
National Bureau of StandardsCenter for Consumer Product Technology
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Marlowe, D E
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Bicycles; Consumer protection; Consumers; Field tests; Performance tests; Regulations; Safety; Seats; Strength of materials; Structures; Testing; Tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Law; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136681
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-913
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM