ADVANCED INTEGRATED AIRCRAFT DISPLAYS AND AUGMENTED FLIGHT CONTROL. VOLUME I. SCIENTIFIC FINDINGS
This integrative report is divided into two volumes. Volume I introduces a classification of aircraft displays and controls, reviews problems that have plagued their evolution, and advances the pilot's task hierarchy as a conceptual framework within which available information can be abstracted, integrated, and applied to the design of displays and controls. In particular, Volume I constitutes a bringing together and integration of the findings from the various historical lines of investigation associated with quickening and unburdening, contact analog displays, predictor displays, frequency-separated displays, and performance control systems. (Author)
- See also Volume 2, AD-A022 460.
University of Illinois, SavoyAviation Research Laboratory, Willard Airport
Savoy, IL United States 61874
- Roscoe, S N
- EISELE, J E
- Bergman, C A
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Air traffic control; Airborne navigational aids; Classification; Computer graphics; Coordinates; Digital computers; Flight control systems; Human machine systems; Information display systems; Performance; Real time control; Real time data processing; Scanners; Simulation; Transformations (Mathematics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Digital systems; Flight instruments
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ARL-75-12/ONR-752-V2Tech. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: N00014-76-C-0081
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM