COMMUNITY NOISE EXPOSURE RESULTING FROM AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS. APPENDIX: NOISEMAP PROGRAM OPERATOR'S MANUAL
This report delineates the program operator changes consistent with the additional developments made on the computer program described in AMRL-TR-73-109 (AD-A004 821). The added capabilities and improved diagnostics that form NOISEMAP 3.2 are discussed. NOISEMAP 3.2 is used Air Force-wide to compute community noise exposure from aircraft flying and ground runup operations for preparing/assessing candidate Environmental Impact Statements and planning compatible land use in the vicinity of air installations. Improvements made to NOISEMAP include: (1) Optional outputs in terms of day-night average sound level, noise exposure forecast, and these measures with tone correction and ground runup penalty weightings; (2) Optional contour plotting on a line printer when sophisticated contour plotting software and hardware are not available; (3) Optional capability to perform the noise exposure computations over limited areas rather than the entire airbase vicinity; (4) Computation of the area contained within specified noise exposure contours; (5) Variable grid spacing of the computations to provide sufficient data points in high gradient noise exposure regions; and (6) Plotting of the aircraft altitude profiles to aid in checking the input operational data.
- Appendix to report dated Jul 74, AD-785 360.
Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Incorporated21120 Vanowen Street
Canoga Park, CA USA 91303
- Reddingius, N H
- Publication Date: 1976-2
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Aircraft noise; Airport runways; Airports; Altitude; Area; Communities; Computer programming; Computer programs; Daily; Diagnostic tests; Environment; Environmental impact statements; Flight paths; Grids (Transmission lines); Land use; Land use planning; Mapping; Military engineering; Military facilities; Needs assessment; Noise; Public relations; Simulation; Sound level; Urban areas; Vibration
- Identifier Terms: FORTRAN (Computer program language); United States Air Force
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise contours; User needs
- Old TRIS Terms: Air force operations; Area coverage; Day night levels; Diagnosis general; Engine runup; Exposure physiology; Noise exposure; Noisemap
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136661
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BBN-2946 Final Rpt., AMRL-TR-73-108-App
- Contract Numbers: F33615-75-C-5044
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM