EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES IN ARIZONA. A SITUATION REPORT TO THE ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
A report on emergency medical situations most likely to occur in Arizona and recommendations to meet the need for emergency medical services (EMS) and to improve the effectiveness of ambulance services and emergency facilities are presented by the Arizona Health Planning Authority to the Department of Public Safety. Following a statement of suggested goals for EMS program development, recommendations are offered relative to accidents and medical emergencies, ambulances and personnel, hospital emergency receiving facilities, and information and evaluation. Data concerning emergency medical situations in Arizona are presented and analyzed, including sections on leading causes of death in Arizona for 1972, cardiovascular disease, motor vehicle accidents, and neonatal mortality. Existing ambulance services (location, training of personnel, ambulance equipment requirements) and existing emergency receiving facilities in Arizona are described. Appendices include an inventory of existing ambulance services; an inventory of Arizona licensed hospitals reflecting location and available specialized emergency care facilities; and classification system and criteria for emergency medical facilities and services. Supporting tabular data, maps, and graphs are included.
Arizona Health Planning AuthorityPhoenix, AZ USA
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Communities; Crashes; Data analysis; Demographics; Disasters and emergency operations; Emergency medical services; Emergency vehicles; Evaluation; Fatalities; Health care; Health care facilities; Health care services; Mathematical analysis; Medical services; Methodology; Personnel; Planning; Policy; Population; Public health; Recommendations; Research; Statistics; Strategic planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Emergency services; Morbidity; Mortality
- Geographic Terms: Arizona
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Health care delivery; Vital statistics
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136652
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM