ENERGY DEVELOPMENT: THE ENVIRONMENTAL TRADEOFFS. VOLUME 1: SUMMARY OF VOLUMES 2-4
This volume provides a brief summary of volumes 2 through 4 of the series. The background papers include: technical overview; social impacts of energy development in a rural area: a case example of western coal development; water availability and consumption for energy; water pollution potential of energy conversion processes; and air pollution impacts of energy processes.
- Energy and Environment Series. Paper copy also available in set of 4 reports as PB-249 999-SET, PC$18.00.
Stanford Research Institute333 Ravenswood Avenue
Menlo Park, CA USA 94025
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Planning and Evaluation
Washington, DC USA 20460
- Publication Date: 1975-11
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Alternatives analysis; Coal; Coal gasification; Coal industry; Coal liquefaction; Crude oil; Electric power generation; Energy resources; Environmental impacts; Freight traffic; Gas industry; Gases; Gasification; Offshore power plants; Oil shales; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Planning; Policy making; Reviews; Shale oil; Social factors; Social impacts; Supply; Synthetic crude; Water consumption; Water pollution; Water resources
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel sources; Gas production; Gas supply; In situ gasification; Manufactured gas; Offshore energy sources; Oil recovery; Reviewing; Water supply
- Subject Areas: Energy; Environment; Freight Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00136636
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: EOA-68-01-2469
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM