SAN DIEGO COUNTY EXPERIMENTAL BASE PROJECT
A report based on research in The Asphalt Institute's Structural Design Research Program is presented. The performance of 35 full-scale test sections, five Full-Depth asphalt bases and two untreated bases were analyzed to develop layer equivalencies and other thickness-design information. Analyses were made using both multilayered elastic theory and observed performance as measured by a panel rating. Significance of findings as they relate to the structural design of pavements is discussed.
- Presented at Conference on Asphalt Pavements for Southern Africa (CAPSA 74) (2nd) held at Durban, Republic of South Africa on July 29-August 2, 1974.
Lexington, KY United States 40511-8480
- Shook, J F
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 40 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt pavements; Base course (Pavements); Deflection; Deformation; Design; Elasticity (Mechanics); Flexible pavements; Full-depth asphalt pavements; Highways; Laboratory tests; Layer coefficient (Pavements); Meetings; Pavement design; Pavement performance; Pavements; Performance tests; Strain (Mechanics); Test sections; Thickness
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pavement thickness
- Old TRIS Terms: Elastic theory; Layer equivalency; Strains; Thickness design
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00136628
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: RR-74-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM