A SECOND EVALUATION OF THE QUESTOR EMISSION CONTROL SYSTEM
The Questor emission control system can achieve the 1976 Federal emission levels at low mileage. Durability is yet to be demonstrated. The Questor system causes a considerable loss in fuel economy in stop and go driving. There appears to be, however, potential for reducing this penalty by modulating air injection as a function of engine load which would allow leaner calibration. Particulate emission levels from the Questor system appear to be lower than those from conventional systems using lead fuels. Future testing will be required to verify the preliminary results.
Environmental Protection AgencyEmission Control Technology Division, 2565 Plymounth Road
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Austin, T C
- Publication Date: 1972-11
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Automobiles; Calibration; Equipment; Exhaust gases; Fuel consumption; Particles; Particulates; Performance evaluations; Pollutants
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices; Emission rates
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136621
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: APTD-1384
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM