TRANSPORTATION DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR APPALACHIA: PROGRAM DESIGN
The report presents an analysis of transportation needs in Appalachia; issues and modal alternatives in meeting these needs; and, recommendations for future program directions. Aviation, rail, water and highway modes are addressed.
- Prepared in cooperation with Appalachian Regional Commission, Washington, D.C.
Resource Planning Associates, IncorporatedVienna, VA United States
Appalachian Regional Commission1666 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20235
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Pagination: 283 p.
- TRT Terms: Air transportation; Economic development; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Modal split; Mode choice; Motor carriers; Needs assessment; Passenger transportation; Policy making; Programming (Planning); Railroad transportation; Regional planning; Rural areas; Transportation; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban areas; Water transportation
- Geographic Terms: Appalachia
- Old TRIS Terms: Depressed areas; Modal distribution; Waterway transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00136609
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM