TERMINAL AREA EFFECTIVENESS FOR FUTURE AIRCRAFT
Problem areas in airport planning, design, and operations identified by a decision matrix developed to display various airport functions interfaced with facilities and an extensive literature survey were investigated. Areas considered include: site selection and growth potential; emissions and noise control/containment for airports; financial and legal aspects of airport planning, contruction, and operation; intra-airport transportation and other passenger flow facilitators; simulation and modeling for airports; guidelines for airport multimodal access planning. Results are summarized and a bibliography is included.
California State University, SacramentoSacramento, CA United States
- Happ, W W
- Publication Date: 1975-2-5
- Pagination: 101 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Airport access; Airport operations; Airport planning; Airports; Bibliographies; Cost effectiveness; Economic factors; Finance; Freight terminals; Intermodal terminals; Intra airport transit; Legal factors; Location; Multimodal transportation; Noise; Noise control; Operations research; Passenger traffic; Simulation; Structural design; Traffic flow
- Uncontrolled Terms: Airport design; Building sites; Passenger flow
- Old TRIS Terms: Terminal facilities
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Economics; Environment; Finance; Freight Transportation; Law; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136592
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NASA-CR-137801 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NCAR-655-501
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM