ENERGY SUPPLY AND DEMAND IN THE NORTHEAST UNITED STATES: 1972
A comprehensive description of the energy supply and demand pattern in the Northeastern U.S. in 1972 is presented. The region covers New England (Region I), New York (Region II), Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and District of Columbia (Region III). The Reference Energy Systems (RES) defined in this report describe major components in the energy system, specifying resource consumptions, fuel transportation, conversion processes, and end use for each region. Section II discusses the RES methodology and the results derived. Sections III and IV describe the primary sources of information and methods used to estimate various end uses of energy in the residential, commercial, industrial, and transportation sectors. These end use demands specified by sector and fuel type are necessary input data to construct the Reference Energy Systems. Section VII analyzes the fuel consumption and energy generated by the electric utility sector in the region. Section VIII provides data on the regional energy supply systems. Included in Appendix A is a set of Fuel Mix Tables that are designed for future energy demand projections. Appendix B contains the regional socio-economic data used in the study. Appendix C displays the conversion factors and energy equivalents of various fuel types.
Brookhaven National LaboratoryUpton, NY USA
- Lee, Jong Jae
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 86 p.
- TRT Terms: Business districts; Coal; Coal industry; Commercial buildings; Demand; Dwellings; Electric power; Electric power generation; Electric utilities; Energy; Energy consumption; Energy resources; Equipment; Freight traffic; Fuel consumption; Industrial areas; Industrial buildings; Industrial plants; Public utilities; Regional analysis; Regions; Residential areas; Supply; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion; Supply and demand; Transportation systems
- Geographic Terms: Middle Atlantic States; New England; United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Commercial districts; Energy demand; Fuel sources
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Energy; Geotechnology; Materials; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00136578
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM