VALIDATION OF THE AMC-71 MOBILITY MODEL
Tests were conducted to validate and evaluate predictions of vehicle performance derived from the AMC-71 Mobility Model for areal terrain. Predicted vehicle performance was compared with measured performance derived from vehicle tests for a variety of areal terrain conditions to determine prediction accuracy. Test vehicles used in all validation tests included two wheeled vehicles (M151, M35A2 modified) and three tracked vehicles (M113A1, M60, and M48). Priority was given to validating predictions of vehicle performance on traverses; additional tests were conducted to validate performance predictions in terrain units and in terrain conditions required to verify individual relations used in the formulation of submodels of the mobility model. Appendices A, B, C, and D which present vehicle data, description of test sites, definitions of terrain terms, and basic terrain data, respectively, are published under a separate cover.
- See also AD-A023 608.
Vicksburg, MS United States 39180-6199
- Schreiner, B G
- Willoughby, W E
- Publication Date: 1976-3
- Pagination: 200 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Mobility; Performance; Road tests; Tanks (Combat vehicles); Terrain; Tracked vehicles; Traction; Trafficability; Trucks; Validation; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Models
- Old TRIS Terms: Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136542
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WES-TR-M-76-5 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM