GOVERNOR'S HIGHWAY SAFETY ADMINISTRATION COMPREHENSIVE EMS PLAN. STATE OF WEST VIRGINIA
An Emergency Medical Services (EMS) plan for the eleven regions of West Virginia is presented for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Steps in the organizational structure for EMS planning and implementation are given, together with basic planning information consisting of current EMS resources, standards, program objectives and implementation, and the program implementation schedule. Resources include services, equipment, personnel, facilities, communications, consumer education, evaluation, and patient flow pattern. Demographic information for the area is provided, including population, densities, and medical personnel. Area characteristics such as roads, high accident locations, geographic and climatic conditions, economic and social conditions, and disease characteristics, all are factors to be considered in the planning process. Organizational, operational, and personnel training standards are outlined, and specifications for vehicles are described, together with standards for response times and distribution of emergency services. Standards for a communications network are being developed. Objectives of the program include the identification of deficiencies and needs in equipment, personnel and training, hospital facilities, communications, distribution of services, and legislative authority. Program resources and commitments are summarized, a budget schedule will be supplied, and components of a program evaluation system are discussed. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
West Virginia Office of Comprehensive Health PlanningCharleston, WV USA
- Publication Date: 1974-11-1
- Pagination: 147 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Communities; Demographics; Disasters and emergency operations; Distributions (Statistics); Emergency medical services; Health care; Health care facilities; Highway safety; Medical services; Personnel; Planning; Plans (Drawings); Population; Public health
- Non-Preferred Terms: Emergency services
- Geographic Terms: West Virginia
- Old TRIS Terms: Health care delivery; Plans; Vital statistics
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM