STANDARDS ON NOISE MEASUREMENTS
The compilation deals with material assembled from the various standards, industrial and trade organizations, or technical and scientific societies concerned with acoustics. There has been no attempt to review or evaluate the standards, but rather just to list documents covering measurement techniques, calibration methods, definitions, rating schemes, and equipment and product specifications concerned with noise. Those standards dealing solely with ultrasonics, audio equipment, or shock and vibration have not generally been included. The paragraphs describing the standards give a brief summary of intent and/or scope of the standard. In some cases the paragraph is the official description of the standard as issued by the organization or society promulgating the standard, while in others the paragraph merely describes the intent of the standard. Proposed standards are also listed where available. Not listed are proposed revisions of current standards and those which must be reapproved to remain in effect. For the convenience of those readers wishing to purchase copies of standards, names and addresses for the various organizations and/or societies are provided.
- Supersedes COM-73-50985.
National Bureau of Standards14th Between E Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20234
- Quindry, T L
- Publication Date: 1976-4
- Pagination: 88 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustic measuring instruments; Acoustics; Air conditioning systems; Automotive engineering; Calibration; Construction; Electrical engineering; Electronics; Heating; Machine tools; Materials; Noise control; Ratings; Refrigeration systems; Sound level; Sound level meters; Standards; Tests; Textiles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Noise reduction
- Old TRIS Terms: Acoustic measurement; Woodworking machinery
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Highways; Materials; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136500
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBS-SP-386
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM