MACHINE-READABLE MAPPING FROM NATIONAL NETWORK SIMULATION (NNS) ZONES TO BUREAU OF ECONOMIC ANALYSIS (BEA) AREAS
This report describes the allocation of freight flow data from the National Network Simulation (NNS) zone system to the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) area system. The NNS zone system was developed for use in the analysis of national modal freight flows. The BEA area system was primarily developed for the allocation of national economic data to regions of the United States. Assuming flows of commodities are known among the NNS zones, the NNS zone to BEA area mapping enables the determination of flows among the BEA areas. The report presents zone to area mapping which utilizes 1970 economic data as the basis when an NNS zone overlaps more than one BEA area. It also presents computer programs that could be used to generate a mapping using economic data from some other year.
National Bureau of StandardsApplied Mathematics Division
Washington, DC United States 20234
- Lozier, D W
- Stiehler, J R
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Coding systems; Commodities; Commodity flow; Computer programs; Economic analysis; Economic conditions; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Intermodal transportation; Mapping; Mathematical models; Modal split; Network analysis (Planning); Origin and destination; Reading; Regions; Simulation; Statistical analysis; Statistics; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Uncontrolled Terms: Network flows
- Old TRIS Terms: Commodity statistics; Economic surveys; Reading machines; Transportation models and systems
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Economics; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00136495
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transportation Statistical Reference File, TSC
- Report/Paper Numbers: NBSIR-75-918 Final Rpt.
- Files: TSR, TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM