GUIDELINES FOR AIR QUALITY MAINTENANCE PLANNING AND ANALYSIS. VOLUME 9. EVALUATING INDIRECT SOURCES
In formulating and implementing an air quality maintenance plan, it may frequently be desirable to include provisions for new source review. One type of new source is the indirect source. This document presents a screening procedure that may be useful in assessing the maximum impact of a proposed indirect source on roadside concentrations of carbon monoxide. The screening procedure is intended to be conservative so that if no potential problem is identified, there may be reasonable assurance that none will occur. Specific suggestions are made concerning estimation of carbon monoxide (CO) concentrations in the vicinity of signalized and unsignalized intersections as well as near locations where traffic is freely flowing. More detailed discussions concerning the estimation of emissions of CO in and around parking lots are contained in appendices.
- See also Volume 8, PB-237 585 and Volume 10, PB-237 535.
Environmental Protection AgencyOffice of Air Quality Planning and Standards
Research Triangle Park, NC United States 27709
- Publication Date: 1975-1
- Pagination: 509 p.
- Volume: 9
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Air quality management; Carbon monoxide; Concentration (Chemistry); Curve fitting; Environmental impacts; Estimating; Exhaust gases; Guidelines; Highway planning; Highways; Hydrocarbons; Measurement; Model atmosphere; Monitoring; Motor vehicles; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Parking lots; Screenings; Signalized intersections; Statistical analysis; Traffic surveys
- Uncontrolled Terms: Sources
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Periodic variations
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Design; Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00136472
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/450/4-75/001
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM