SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTIONS E006 TO E008, GREENBELT ROUTE
Results are summarized of 33 test borings made along two alternative alignments studied for Sections E006 to E008 of Greenbelt Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The borings were positioned within planned sections of earth tunnels to delineate potential tunneling difficulties to assist the General Engineering Consultant in studies and recommendations of the optimum tunnel profile position. The report contains continuous geological sections incorporating the new borings, logs of the borings, results of laboratory tests on soil samples obtained and a discussion of anticipated construction difficulties for the alternative tunnel schemes.
- Prepared in cooperation with DeLeuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C. Sponsored in part by Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, D.C.
Utah State University, LoganUtah Water Research Laboratory
Logan, UT United States 84321
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority600 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC United States 20001
De Leuw, Cather and Company1201 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC United States 20036
- Publication Date: 1976-3-5
- Pagination: 114 p.
- TRT Terms: Boring; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; Geological surveying; Metropolitan areas; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Maryland; Virginia; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00136471
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-76-145
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 2002 12:00AM