ACTUAL AND RECOMMENDED MAINTENANCE PRACTICES FOR LIGHT-DUTY VEHICLES FOR 1975 AND LATER MODEL YEARS. VOLUME I
A survey was made to determine the actual and recommended maintenance practices for light-duty vehicles for 1975 and later-model years. Data was gained through consumers, new-car dealerships, manufacturers, service stations, diagnostic centers, specialty shops, independent service stations, and mass merchandisers, literature research, and data evaluation. The following conclusions were reached. Automotive service requirements are becoming more complex. Diagnostic centers are diversifying into diagnostic, service, and repair facilities. Automobile dealerships employ the highest percentage of classified or rated mechanics and are more fully equipped than other classifications. Current and future requirements can be met by the diagnostic equipment industry. The majority of automobile owners are unwilling to voluntarily replace a malfunctioning catalytic converter.
- See also PB-251 737.
Bendix CorporationLAunch Support Division
Cocoa Beach, FL USA
Environmental Protection AgencyMichigan Certification and Surveillance Division
Ann Arbor, MI USA 48105
- Sims, C W
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 188 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Attitudes; Automobile repair shops; Automobiles; Automobiles by type; Automotive engineering; Catalytic converters; Consumer protection; Converters (Electricity); Delivery vehicles; Diagnosis; Diagnostic tests; Equipment; Forecasting; Legislation; Level of service; Light trucks; Maintenance; Recommendations; Service stations; Specifications; Standards; Surveys; Vehicle maintenance; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Replacing; Requirement; Services; Vehicle make
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution abatement; Automobile engines; Automobile operations; Converters; Maintenance standards; Repair shops
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Maintenance and Preservation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136465
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., EPA/460/3-75/009a
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-03-0453
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM