INTERMODALISM--EVOLUTION OR REVOLUTION?
This paper is intended to provide an insight into some of the technical problems that appear to be impeding the development of railroad freight intermodalism as an efficient and viable transport system. Three points of view are presented: the "systems approach", the operational approach, and the economic approach.
- This paper is unpublished. Copy at the RRIS Repository Department of Transportation Library, Washington, D.C.
Intersociety Conference on Transportation, 3rdAtlanta, GA USA
- Bang, A J
- Paladino, J G
- Darling, J A
- Publication Date: 1975-7-18
- Pagination: 34 p.
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Economic analysis; Intermodal transportation; Systems analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00136420
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 3 1976 12:00AM