THERMAL REGIME OF RIVER ICE, RESEARCH SEMINAR, PROCEEDINGS, 1974
Sixteen papers by various authors are presented. The topics discussed are: Heat transfer from open water surfaces, radiation and evaporation heat loss, energy transfer in snow, temperature profiles, convective heat transfer, Frazil formation, ice growth, supercooling, ice regimes, ecological implications, temperature forecasts, Niagara ice boom, thermic regimes of reservoirs, ice jams, and Alaska River thermal problems.
- Res Semin On Therm Regime of River Ice, Proceedings, Paper, Laval Univ, Ottawa, Ont, October 24-25, 1974.
National Research Council of Canada1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K1A 0R6
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 186 p.
- TRT Terms: Heat transfer; Ice concentration; Ice formations; River ice
- Old TRIS Terms: Ice regimes
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00136353
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. 114 Tech. Memo
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM