HYDRODYNAMIC PRESSURE FIELD ON A SLENDER SHIP MOVING OVER A HIGH-FREQUENCY WAVY SHALLOW BOTTOM
The hydrodynamic pressure field for the unsteady subcritical potential flow of a slender ship moving over a wavy wall in shallow water is analyzed using peturbation techniques. For the case of wall wavelength much smaller than the ship length but larger than the transverse ship dimensions, a combination of the methods of matched asymptotic expansions and multiple scales is used to obtain the lowest-order effect of the bottom variation.
- Prepared for ASME meeting, June 15-17, 1976.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Plotkin, A
- Publication Date: 1976-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 5 p.
- TRT Terms: Navigation; Pressure fields; Thinness
- Old TRIS Terms: Shallow water effects; Slender bodies
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00136352
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Pap N76-APM-22
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM