NATIONAL ENERGY OUTLOOK: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report which presents updated information relating to energy prices, legislation and resources, identifies the events of 1975 which have changed the energy outlook (energy legislation, Federal estimates of oil and gas resources which were lower than previous figures, increase in the price of imported oil, the search for oil and gas and the cut of growth in energy demand) shows how energy independence can still be achieved, and points out that the impact of alternative assumptions must be weighed in establishing a national policy which balances economic, energy, environmental and social objectives. Questions are considered which relate to the roots of the energy problem, the nations energy demand and its satisfaction, ways in which energy may be saved, the future outlook for oil supplies, domestic production, natural gas, coal and electricity. The contribution of new technologies and the costs of energy supply investment are also discussed.
Federal Energy Administration12th and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20461
- Publication Date: 1976
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 14 p.
- TRT Terms: Coal; Conservation; Demand; Economics; Electricity; Energy; Fuels; Impacts; Laws; Natural gas; Natural resources; Petroleum; Policy; Prices; Technology
- Old TRIS Terms: Future policies; Substitutes
- Subject Areas: Economics; Energy; Environment; Geotechnology; Highways; Law; Policy; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00136314
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1976 12:00AM