AN APPROACH TO TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS MANAGEMENT IMPROVED USER-ORIENTED TRANSIT TO A MAJOR TRIP GENERATOR
The metropolitan Planning Organization in Cooperation with the State and publicly owned operators of mass transportation services are required to develop (Transportation Systems Management - TSM (as a part of the urban transportation planning process) which integrates traffic operations programs with transit development study results as a means of improving the movement of people and goods. TSM which is designed to maximize the use of existing road space, reduce vehicle use, improve transit service and increase transit management efficiency, involves 4 primary tasks. The initial step involves inventorying current state, local and regional programs and developing a tabulation by project type. The second step is that of selecting and defining eligible projects. This is followed by evaluation of the projects and by the development of TSM based on the prioritized list of projects.
JHK & Associates,
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Evaluation; Freight traffic; Highway operations; Inventory; Operators (Persons); Project management; Public transit; Strategic planning; Systems analysis; Traffic; Transportation operations; Transportation planning; Urban transportation; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operator; Projects; Selecting
- Old TRIS Terms: Transportation administration
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Freight Transportation; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Research; Society;
- Accession Number: 00136313
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 16 1981 12:00AM