EMERGENCY BREATHER APPARATUS
The invention relates generally to emergency breather apparatus for use by miners and others to allow them to breathe in location where the ambient air is unsuited or dangerous for normal breathing. More particularly, it relates to a closed cycle breather apparatus designed to remove carbon dioxide from exhaled air, and to replace it with oxygen for inhalation by the user. The apparatus is light in weight, foolproof in operation, and designed to require minimum breathing effort to operate so that the user need not over exert.
- Patent filed November 8, 1974. This report supersedes PB-244499. Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Department of the Interior1849 C Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20240
- Li, Y S
- Perry, E N
- Jagow, R B
- Wagner, P A
- Publication Date: 1976-5-9
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Breathing apparatus; Patents
- Old TRIS Terms: Emergency breathing apparatus; Patents (Breathing apparatus)
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00136306
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: PB-250990/9 Patent, PAT-APPL-522169
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM