A TECHNICAL SUMMARY OF AIR CUSHION CRAFT DEVELOPMENT
A brief review is given of the technical status of the state-of-the-art in air cushion craft as it exists today. The designation "air cushion craft" is all encompassing, in that it covers all craft operating close to the surface and relying on a cushion of air to generate significant portions of their lift. It includes both the amphibious craft known as air cushion vehicles (ACV) or hovercraft and the nonamphibious craft known as surface effect ships (SES). Where applicable, the technology of other special uses of the air cushion is called upon to illustrate a point.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD USA 20084
- Mantle, P J
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 367 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; State of the art; Surface effect ships
- Old TRIS Terms: Air cushion technology
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00136294
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-4727
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM