ENHANCEMENTS TO THE RELATIONAL MODEL FOR COMPUTER-AIDED SHIP DESIGN
Two desirable new features of the relational model of the database are defined and discussed: multiple views of the database, and private working files for individual designers. Enhancements to the relational model are shown to be necessary to properly support these features. Proposed enhancements are discussed: (1) a data definition facility based on the relational model, (2) extensions to that facility, and (3) automatically invoked procedures to maintain views and define working files. An alternative enhancement would be (4) a relational sub-schema for the DBTG model.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterBethesda, MD United States 20084
- Jefferson, D K
- Bandurski, A E
- Publication Date: 1975-10
- Pagination: 27 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Naval architecture; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00136293
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: DTNSRDC-4759
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jul 13 1976 12:00AM